BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Relfecting on G-News Podcast

When my news team, G-News set out to produce our first podcast, we did so bearing in mind the aims of our agency document. These, amongst other things, were a commitment to ethical reporting that is characterised by:
• Responsibility
• Professionalism
• Accuracy
• Fairness
• Thorough research
• Sensitivity

As a team, G-News podcast managed to achieve these aims. Each news story within the G-News podcast reflects accurate reporting, in depth research and professional etiquette. The same can be said for my individual story, ‘Ex-Convicts Journey to Success’. My partner and I did our best to produce this piece, given the obstacles we had to face. Time or the lack of it was a crucial challenge. It was quite difficult to secure an interview with Makhaya Thibiyshe. Even when we finally managed to do so, he had to cancel on the day of the interview as a result of a delivery that failed to come in one time. Pushed by the necessity to meet our deadline, Amy and I had to collect as much information as possible to ensure an accurate and fair story that maintained partiality. The end result was agreeable. That is not to say, however, that it could not have been better. I hope to improve on the quality of my work in our next podcast.

0 comments: